Sherpa Guides – Rise of Iron Light Level Guide
With the release of Rise of Iron, Bungie has revamped the Light Level system to a more incremental system. While trying to increase your light level, you will be trying to get each piece of gear up approximately 5 light levels at a time.
– Green engram will drop with gear up to 190 light. The main intention of this is to create a new route for players to get weapon and armor materials.
– Blue engrams will decrypt up to 340 light. Actual blue item drops (already decrypted) from strikes will decrypt up to 365 light
– Purple Engrams will decrypt up to 365 light.
– Exotic Engrams will decrypt up to 385 light
– Purchasable vendor gear (including items Xur is selling) has a starting light level of 350
Steps to Leveling:
Step 1: buy what vendor gear you can with legendary marks. With a maxed out 200 legendary marks, you can buy two pieces of armor. If you hoarded legendary items in your vault, you can get a full set of armor, a ghost, a class item, as possibly 1-2 weapons from breaking down items.
Step 2: After completing the Story missions, make sure to complete the quest for Shiro to unlock the new Strike and the new version of The Devils Lair stork (Sepiks Perfected).
Read the rest and discuss here: